Gaining Wisdom

I'm having my wisdom teeth pulled in a couple of hours. Don't expect a post for a few days, although I should have a few coming. I have to finish the Mansfield Park post, and since then I have read Julia Alvarez's How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents and J.M. Coetzee's Waiting for the Barbarians. Both were excellent, and I'm quite eager to talk about them, although I have no idea what to say yet. Maybe the Vicodin I'll be taking will allow me to channel some brilliance or some... <cringe>wisdom</cringe>.

I'll also be watching some movies, although I'm not sure any of them will be worth talking about. I watched The Bourne Ultimatum this weekend; God knows that's not worth talking about.

Comments

Andrew, I just interviewed Julia Alvarez on La Bloga...you might enjoy it:

http://labloga.blogspot.com/2007/08/interview-with-julia-alvarez.html

Popular Posts